IS THERE A HAIRDRYER IN MY ROOM?
No, so do please bring your own, with a European-style adaptor
WILL THERE BE TOILETRIES IN MY ROOM?
Yes, to prevent as the use of plastic bottles as much as possible, we have dispensers in the showers for shampoo, conditioner and body-wash.
ARE TOWELS AND SHEETS PROVIDED?
Yes, nice bed sheets are provided & we also provide white room towels for use in the room and colourful towels for use around the pool. We do not allow any of Swell towels to be taken off the premises, so you will need your own beach towel.
DO YOU HAVE MOSQUITO NETS IN YOUR ROOMS?
No, this is not necessary as our rooms are generally bug-free and sprayed regularly to keep them so. Windows of all the rooms have mosquito screens fitted and as long as you don’t leave your door open (especially at dusk) your room won’t have mosquitos in residence with you.
DO THE ROOMS HAVE A/C?
Yes, all the private rooms are fitted with A/C and careful use of it is included in your stay. You must never leave the A/C switched on when you are not in your room, nor use it with the windows or doors left open. Swell reserves the right to charge additional fees for A/C when it is used improperly. Shared rooms cannot use the A/C unless it is agreed by all occupants.
DO ALL ROOMS HAVE AN ENSUITE BATHROOM?
Yes, all rooms have an en suite bathroom.
DO THE ROOMS HAVE A FRIDGE?
No, the rooms at our surf hotel don’t have a fridge.
DO THE ROOMS HAVE A SAFE?
Yes all rooms have a safe, so you can put money, passport or other valuable items locked away.
The dorm rooms have 4 individual small safe’s, 1 for each guest
Swell Bali is opening in 2020 in Bingin, Bali.
After being the top rated surf holiday in the Caribbean for over a decade, Jeroen & Clare decided to take the concept of an upscale surf camp to the island of Bali, in Indonesia. We’ve put it all together as if we would be the guests and thought about what we would like in an ideal surf vacation.
Our location has been carefully chosen, right in the heart of the charming surf town of Bingin, in the southern part of Bali, where the best surfing beaches, like Uluwatu, Padang Padang, Impossibles and Bingin are all found. All the above-mentioned surf spots are either a short scooter ride from us, or spots like Bingin, Dreamland and Impossibles can be easily accessed in a 3-minute walk from Swell to the cliff front of Bingin.
Swell Bali is located right in the center of Bingin. Several well-known restaurants, like the Cashew Tree and Casa Asia, serving healthy, organic and tasty food are within a few minutes walk of our front door. Two more restaurants are opening shortly. You will also find Daya surf shop, a laundry and a mini-mart within 70 meters of Swell. Just around the corner, there’s a money exchange and a trip operator to help you get to other islands, or different parts of Bali.
Swell Bali caters for surfers of all levels: From complete beginners with no surfing experience at all, who want to learn to surf, to expert surfers who are in Bali to enjoy world-class spots like Uluwatu and Padang Padang. What sets Swell apart from any other accommodation or surf hotels in Bali is that it combines the social aspect of a surf camp/hostel with the comfort and style of a boutique hotel.
Services such as surf lessons & surf guiding are available for beginners and intermediate surfers who want to progress with their surfing. We will make sure you get to see and surf the best surf spots to fit your ability.
Don’t want to travel with your own surfboard to Bali? No problem, Swell Bali will have a large surfboard rental pool available exclusively for Swell clients. Ranging from 5’6 performance shortboards to 9’2 longboards.
Package pricing is similar to our Swell in the Caribbean: Week long packages will have airport transfers, lodging, breakfasts and a couple of dinners, as well as excursions to the nearby hotspots.
We hope to welcome you to the islands of the gods for an unforgettable Bali Surf Holiday with Swell!
WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO IN BALI, BESIDES SURFING?
We need quite a lot of time to give you all the info on the Island of Bali and what’s on offer, besides great beginner surf lessons, perfect intermediate surf spots, and world-class waves for you expert surfers. We are making a page which is dedicated to a list of the top 20 things to do in Bali (but like our surf hotel, it’s not quite ready yet). We are fast workers though: For the time being; here’s a shorter list of our Top 20 Bali activities (we have started with the places closest to us).
1. Get barrelled at Bingin beach (sorry, we couldn’t resist!)
2. Learn to Surf (OK, that’s enough surfing for now……)
3. Visit Uluwatu temple, right on the cliff edge and overlooking Temple’s surf break (obviously-named). Stroll around the beautiful grounds and feed the many monkeys who live there. Book for the Fire Dance which takes place at sunset most evenings. It’s a stunning local dance with a story; very entertaining and in a magical setting.
4. Go snorkeling, directly from the beach at Bingin (so many colorful fish!)
5. Have a sunset dinner at El Kabron restaurant (5 minutes drive from Swell) overlooking all the best surf breaks on the Bukit Peninsula. El Kabron has gourmet Spanish food and an amazing setting with a pool overlooking all the surf. Reservations are required in high season.
6. Visit the stunning beach of Uluwatu and go into the Suluban Caves (also check the entrance and exit for the surfers on a large swell at high tide!). That’s just a 10-minute scooter ride from Swell.
7. Enjoy an evening fish BBQ on Bingin beach; you can walk down from Swell and eat the catches of the day.
8. Visit the stunning Green Bowl beach (named for its beautiful green, algae covered rocks). Green Bowl is 25 minutes, really nice scooter ride through uncrowded roads, past local villages and Temples.
9. Visit Pandawa beach; also stunning and about 35 minutes from us.
10. Visit Nyang Nyang beach (you’ve guessed it, another stunning Bukit Peninsula beach). This one is only 15 minutes scooter ride from us.
11. Enjoy a sunset drink and simple food at Sunset Point, Uluwatu (it’s the hip thing to do).
12. Take a drive out to the peaceful, sheer cliff faces over Melasti Beach (close to Green Bowl).
13. Go swimming in the crystal clear water at Thomas Beach (actually, this is the ‘real’ Padang Padang beach), a vast expanse of white sand and azure ocean. Thomas beach is only 10 minutes from Swell by scooter. You can also surf there by the way.
14. Visit baby Padang Padang beach; this one’s very touristy after Julia Roberts filmed Eat, Pray Love on this beach. You can see why it was chosen for the film, blue blue water and stunning rocks. There are almost always monkeys around the beach here so take care with your stuff. We prefer Thomas Beach btw. where, at the Warung (local restaurant) bottom right of the steps, you can eat the best spring rolls in Asia, courtesy of Amril!
15. Go party at Ulu Cliff house (Friday night Dj’s and some big names perform here).
16. Go party at the famous Single Fin bar, overlooking Uluwatu surfing – Sunday nights are a huge party
17. Enjoy a lovely meal at Mana, Uluwatu, one of the newest and best restaurants on the Bukit. Sunset reservations will be required.
18. Go further afield to visit the stunning Water Palace of Balai Gili (about 2.5 hours drive from us). This is a hidden gem of a Royal Palace, not many tourists go and it’s a great way to spend 2 or 3 hours wandering around these gorgeous, lotus-filled gardens and palace buildings.
19. Combine your trip to Balai Gili with a stop on the way to visit Tegenungan Waterfall.
20. Visit the brand new Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue – standing 121 meters tall, this is truly monumental and the 2nd highest statue in the World. You can get to this with a cruisy scooter ride through Dreamland from Swell, in about 20 minutes.
That’s it for now and we’ve left a load of things out which are fun to do: More to come!